Monday 27 June 2011

Silk Central Test Case Tool with BIRT report

If anyone is using this software and needs a Birt Report to print all test cases for particular project or group of test cases I have a template that can be used. Feel free to email me if you require the code.


The best part is that Birt Reports is free. But.. not so intuitive


The template lets you enter the following parameters:-
pname - project name
cname - container name
fname - folder name


Here is test procedures with a table of contents plus the order number(step number) and page number.  In the middle of the code you will find the MS-SQL querey, the report template can be downloaded from here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61Q5BZUC

2 comments:

  1. Hello Clinton,
    I've been having an issue with getting BIRT reports to pull the currently selected project -- do you know how to set this up? Please see my SO question for more details: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7729669/how-to-get-custom-birt-reports-in-silkcentral-test-manager-to-pull-the-currently

    Thank you,
    --Rishi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried downloading my report?
    I think it does what you want to do.

    I'm not sure why your database is not letting you select the project.

    What happens if you run your query in Microsoft server management studio?

    ReplyDelete